TRAN ANH TUAN
+84 (0) 903 976 728
TRAN ANH TUAN
+84 (0) 903 976 728
As co-founder & CEO of the Pathfinder (Consulting), Tuan Tran is an experienced marketing specialist with a solid background and practical industry-specific experience in the strategic planning, branding, marketing, referral marketing, service strategy, franchise, export promotion and business development fields.
He held a number of senior business development positions at several foreign-owned consultancy service companies such as Design International (France), Peregrine Capital Vietnam (Hong Kong), Grant Thornton (UK) and Australian Trade Commission – Austrade (Australia) in areas of finance consultancy, trade & investment promotion for over 16 years.
He works with clients from strategic planning through execution to better manage their brand equity; resulting in increased profitability. He draws on his strong background and experience in consulting to provide strategic advice in strategic planning, branding, marketing, customer service, market research, market entry and market expansion strategies to many foreign and local companies in Vietnam wishing to build and grow their winning businesses in Vietnam.
His professional skills are also enhanced substantially by his advanced knowledge and expertise in corporate software applications, knowledge management and e-commerce solutions that he served as an Knowledge Manager/CIO for his previous employers & clients for several years i.e. Austrade, MPDF/IFC/WorldBank.
Many consulting projects for both international and Vietnamese companies in areas of strategic planning, branding, marketing including Comalco, Colby Power System, BHP Steel, Ballantyne Foods, AusDairy Corp. (ADC), USF Johnson Screens, MPDF – IFC –World Bank, VNCIUSAID, European Commission, KFC Vietnam, Satra, Saigon Co.op, Co,opMart, Co.op Food, Vinatexmart, ITPC, Viettien Garment, Phuong Dong Garment, Kem Nghia, VNCI/USAID, MPDF, SBI/EU, Tin Nghia, Nhabeco, Phuong Dong Bank, Ben Thanh Group, Ben Thanh Tourist, Thuan Phat Foods, AQA Construction, Vinasoy, Dai Thanh, Bibica, Vien Thong A…
He has also been working as a Marketing Consultant for the High Quality Vietnamese Goods Program (Vietgoods) – a unique & most successful “quality-perceived-by-consumer” brand for thousands of products of nearly 600 Vietnam-based businesses for over 17 years. He was also one of five advisors and trainers in the 20 brand-seeds project of the HCMC Investment & Trade Promotion Center (ITPC). He is an Executive Director and Education Advisor of Business Network International (BNI) in Vietnam; Chief of Consulting & Training Dept. of Entrepreneurial Culture Center under Vietnam Chamber of Commerce (VCCI).
He has a Master of Business Management and a Master of Science.
SEMINAR & TRAINING ACTIVITIES
• Master Trainer, Creation of Competency for Competition (C3) Training Program, Software Incubator Program (SBI)
• Vietnam Competitiveness Initiative (VNCI/USAID) – e-Commerce Seminars:
ICT for Competitiveness in Vietnam’s Tourism Industry
ICT for Competitiveness in Vietnam’s Fruit Industry
• “E-Commerce For Export” Workshop Series for Vietnamse Industry Associations i.e. HAWA (Handicrafts-Wood) & FFA (Food Products).
• VNCI/USAID: Branding Seminars for Binh Thuan Dragon Fruit (VNCI)
• Unido: Master Trainer of Brand Management Program for Vietnam’s Garment & Textile Association
• Some key training topics: export market research, key performance indicator (KPI), customer relationship management (CRM), customer service, direct marketing, personal selling, brand buidling & management, integrated marketing communication, referral marketing, business networking, internal communication, e-commerce, franchise development, visual merchandising…
MAJOR CONSULTING WORKS
• Senior Consultant for the Agri-Marketing Project funded by the Ministry of Industry & Trade, 2010
• High Quality Vietnamese Goods Program led by the People Commitee of HCM City – a unique & most successful “quality-perceived-by-consumer” brand for thousands of products of nearly 500 Vietnam-based businesses for over 17 years
• 20 Seed Brands Program financed by the People Commitee of HCM City – a brand consulting project aiming to conduct brand health checks & recommend new branding strategies for export-oriented leading companies. Some of typical clients include: Pho 24, PNJ Jewerly, Casumina, Saigon Comestics, Viettien Garment, Phuong Dong Garment, Thanh Cong Garment, Agtex 28, Tay Do Garment, Binh Dien Fertilizer, ArtGlass, Tribeco…
• Senior Consultant & Master Trainer, the “Networking Strategy” for the Quang Trung Software Incubator (SBI) funded by the European Commission
• Senior Consultant for the Vietnam Competitiveness Initiative Project (VNCI/USAID) in areas of branding, e-commerce, export promotion, information system (IS) for several local industry sectors i.e. ICT, tourism, fruit…
• Senior Consultant for the “Management Information System – MIS” for MPDF offices in Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia funded by IFC –World Bank
• Senior Consultant for the Vietnam Agriculture Market Information Project (VAMIP), funded by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD)
• Ho Chi Minh City Export Center – Export Promotion Business Model (E-commerce Portal, Customer Service, Export Enquiry Management System) for ITPC. Target industry sectors include: handicraft, wood processing, garment, foods & tourism • Director Consultant, BNI Vietnam